We Want to Serve You
JI’s mission is to serve those with learning disabilities by providing specialized educational services, faithfully encouraging the development of the student as a whole person through the renewing of their minds.
As an organization that exists to serve God, our core values reflect his character (Ex. 34:6) and provide the context in which we view people as God’s image bearers.
We believe JI’s very existence depends on the unmerited favor lavishly poured out on us by God through the death of Christ on the cross (Rom. 5:8-10; Col. 2:13-14; Titus 3:4-7). Therefore, we:
- Develop an environment where people are loved, not because of what they do, but because they are loved unconditionally by God, and therefore, by us (Deut. 7:7-8; Matt. 5:43-48; 2 Tim. 1:9).
- Value students because they are image bearers of God, therefore appreciating their unique abilities and learning differences given by God according to his grace. We strive to understand and celebrate these unique giftings so that we do not misunderstand a student’s outward behaviors (Ps. 139:13-16; Rom. 12:3-8).
- Cultivate an environment where forgiveness is modeled, practiced, and encouraged (Eph. 4:30-5:2; Col. 3:12,13).
- Endeavor to keep rules to a minimum (Gal. 2:16; Col. 2:20-23).
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word (Jn. 10:35; 2 Cor. 4:2; 2 Tim. 3:16), that God’s Word is truth (Ps. 119:160; Jn. 17:17), and that knowledge of it is key to unleashing its transformational power (Jn. 8:31-32). Therefore, we:
- Teach that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John. 14:6).
- Endeavor to teach truth according to God’s Word in all of our academic subjects (Ps. 19:1; 25:4-12; Eph. 4:25; Col. 1:16-17; Col. 2:2-4).
- Evaluate all truth claims against Scripture (Ps. 119:105; Acts 17:11).
- Encourage our students to embrace truth and live according to it (John 8:31, 32; 3 John 1:4).
- Strive for growth, learning, and improvement according to God’s Word as individuals and as an organization (1 Cor. 9:24-27; Phil. 3:12-14; Col. 3:23; 1 Thess. 4:1).
We believe that we are each called to love God with all of heart, soul, strength, and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves (Luke 10:27). Therefore, we:
- Desire to help our students understand how wide, long, high, and deep God’s love is for them (Eph. 3:18).
- Encourage our students to love and serve others (Mark 10:45; Heb. 13:16).
- Endeavor to speak the truth in love with gentleness (Eph. 4:15; 2 Tim. 2:23-26).
- Diligently preserve unity while valuing each other’s unique giftedness (Eph. 4:3; Phil. 2:2; Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:12-27).
- Monitor the effect of our behaviors on others so that we do not hinder someone’s relationship with the Lord (Rom. 12:18; 14:1-15:3; 2 Tim. 2:23-26).
- Provide encouragement and assistance to other Christian schools (2 Cor. 8:3-5; Phil. 2:3-4).